GPS Help, works on atom not on rev
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:13:07 pm »
First of all, thank you for taking time to look at this. I am very knew to the hobby. I've been lurking these forums watching tons of youtube and educating in the manuals for a couple months. While I'm getting pretty decent at los and fpv; I now started preparing for tinkering with some of the automated flight options and here is where this issue begins.

I have a mini/op gps which I had working on my rev. This did not auto-configure so I followed the LP manual setting it up with u-center. All was fine bench testing / no flight time yet). However, when I configured oplink during one of the reboots I noticed gps didn't reconnect.

Here is what i've ruled out:
1. GPS - verified working (reconfigured with u-center and tested on cc3d atom)
2. Hardware - verified working (I moved the gps to FP from MP; I verified flexi to be working w/ telemetry to miniomosd)
3. Software/OS - not sure / seems okay (I erased / re-flashed LP, everything else seems to be working except gps link).

Anyone every run into anything like this? Does LP / GC have any debugging tools I can use to trouble shoot the gps connectivity issue? I visually diffed the HW settings between the atom and rev thinking perhaps the gps is faulting and the atom has lower thresholds but they seem mirrored.

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:18:28 pm by LeRoyDL »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: GPS Help, works on atom not on rev
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:31:57 pm »
Using a Revo you don't need to manually configure your GPS.

If you are using the tiny "OP GPS" i have two of them working perfectly.
Open the bag and connect to Revo.

Look at UBXAutoconfig options and status.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/GPS+setup#GPSsetup-ExtendedGPSoptions

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:10:47 pm »
I did run across that link. Mine for what ever reason wouldn't auto-configure though.
I then ran across a painless360 video were he apparently had the same issue (mentioned @ 2:10):

I'll try to set the gps back to defaults but what has me puzzled is how the heck was it working and then just randomly stopped.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:19:15 pm by LeRoyDL »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »
While not working, what the status of GPS alarm in Systemhealth ?

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:16:11 pm »
The status is the red X / times out / no data or not powered error.

On the atom, it does the same powered off usb but instantly goes red then orange when I apply +5v to the FC.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 07:22:55 pm »
Update with one of my OP GPS, after 30min working he stopped with blue smoke :)

The other seems going the same way, plastic case hot....
Power from a 5V step down perfectly regulated.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 07:37:02 pm »
I had one get hot and melt the case as well. This was it's replacement! heh

Still confused as to why the dang thing still works on the atom. I'll play some more tonight when I get back home, hopefully I'll get something figured out.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 03:27:16 am »
So as odd as it is, I restored the gps to default settings and it now is auto configuring.

Glad to get it working!!! :)