In the next few days i will finish my first 150mm quad projekt

Revolution board with oplink
Frsky X4RSB reciever - F12E Walkera Transmitter with Deviation
1806 Motors with 12 A Flycolor BlHeli 14.9 ESCs
Attopilot
PDB with minimOSD
NAZA Clone GPS
Foxeer FPV Transmitter

For the first start all librepilot parameters are on standard - is there something to know what i should do that i can start and dont have a crash ??

ernstock

Re: Check for the first hover up
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:15:46 pm »
Are you comfortable with the flight modes and rates ?

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:16:31 pm »
I know something about - but its my first project - and i hope i can hover - hold in the air - and land - with the standard parameters and without using any flight modes. 

Trying the flight modes it would be the second step. I think the first start i will do without VTX, Cam and GPS mounted.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 12:57:23 am »
Do it over short grass if possible.  Use Stab1, first switch position, self leveling.  Don't increase motors slowly it is best to jump into the air soon after the motors start.

Since you don't have a feel for how hard to jump, I suggest you blip the throttle up and immediately back down.  Always adjust it so that the tail is pointed toward you and the nose away from you each time before you take off.  Each time blip it a little more until it jumps a very short way (say 150mm) off the ground.  It will either have jumped straight up or it will have tried to flip over.  If it tried to flip, you have something wrong and need to fix it.  If it didn't flip, try a little longer blip, but don't let it get more than knee high and it if starts to travel, chop the throttle and let it fall.  Slow flight from knee high and with no cameras or extra antennas on it, it should not get hurt.

You will be surprised that it is actually controllable.  First thing to learn is to control your height to knee high. Then get left-right and forward-backward bank.  Do not touch the yaw it will just confuse you.  ;)