Hy there, im getting a little bit crazy right now, im building my first racing quad all by myself (im an old guy and a noob), but cant get over a specific issue that kills all the fun.
I bought a FrSky Taranis plus (actually only because i didnt get it to work with my walkera devo7) and a FrSKY X4R 3/16CH receiver. I made a build with a cc3d evo,(250/3s,12Amps) nothing special i thought. so i build it all together,
i used Libre Pilot because i saw a lot of very specific and good youtube videos explaining everything and it looked so easy...
I could do acctually everything, could bind rx to tx, all motors work fine, etc.. except that i only have 4 freaking dammn channels for the main controls. that was the reason i actually bought a taranis and a receiver
with S.Bus in the first place, (actually i didnt cared about S.Bus i just wanted the newest shit) i want to program a bunch of stuff on every single knob on this damn thing. most of all different flight modes. but now i cant. i tried
for hours saw about every youtube video on the subject, read the manual which is ridiculous) and after hours of trying, updating every possible firmware etc.. realised i maby need to plug in some jumpers while binding. so i tried
that in every freaking possibility because there is no exact explanation on how, but it didnt helped either. i just have 4 channels to use. Can anybody maby have any tipps or links to good manuals?
i googled for hours in english and german sites but nothing useful did i found :-(

would be very thankfull for any input or what i could try. Otherwise i will probably switch to another flight controller board, any good advices?

Thanx so much for any help,

greetings Andrew

ps. i would also be happy to could just bind the X4R to the taranis anyhow to have more than 4 channels i dont care so much about s (s = shit? ) bus ;-)

hwh

I don't have a Taranis myself but by default most transmitters are only configured to send the 4 basic channels, the sticks.  Sometimes one switch is also configured for flight mode.  You have to configure the transmitter to get more channels assigned to switches or pots.  This video talks about adding channels/switches.   You should re-run the transmitter wizard after configuring the transmitter.

HOLLY SH*** it really seams like this is the trick! i set it up in the mixers tab and librePilot recognised the switches for the first time!!! i guess now i can figure out the rest.. THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE!

Cheers

hwh

You're welcome.  :)

It's always seemed stupid to me that the transmitters don't come with switches configured.