Flight Modes
« on: June 04, 2016, 05:17:17 pm »
Hi All,

Not sure if I am allowed to talk about this this forum.  I have looking at other software for other flight controllers.

I know that Cleanflight has a thing called Air Mode, and DRonin has Hangtime.

Will Librepilot get something similar in the near future?

Cheers,

Fred (Total Newbie)

hwh

Re: Flight Modes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:26:28 pm »
Perhaps a search of the forums for airmode would enlighten you?  It was added in OP 15.05 before it was in Cleanflight.

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=506.msg3670#msg3670

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 07:53:43 pm »
Thanks for that, read the link, but will be honest, did not understand any of it.

Perhaps I am to old to understand this quad stuff.  Was hoping just turn on a setting and off I go.

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »
Always stabilized when armed is what you look for. I don't get why wouldn't you be able to talk about something;)

hwh

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:08:13 pm »
Forum threads tend to get confusing after a while.  :)

The simpler answer is that you can turn it on but it's considered less than completely safe.  Or not as safe as it should be.  In the current released software (15.09) if you turn it on it will try to stabilize always, even sitting on the ground or after a crash.

In the next release that's been fixed by allowing a switch to control it so you can arm, take off, and then turn on Always Stabilize When Armed using the switch.

Knowing the safety concerns you can use it if you want. It's enabled by going to the System tab, settings, FlightModeSettings, AlwaysStabilizeWhenArmed and setting it to true.  Then click on the two icons near the top of the window with arrows that point up.   Next go to Configuration tab, output sub-tab, and check "motors spin at neutral output when armed and throttle below zero".  Click save in the lower right.  The next time you use the board always stabilized will be on.

In the next release it will be much simpler to turn on and safer because it's controlled by a switch.

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 09:16:54 pm »
Hwh, thanks for that, please bear with my ignorance, have being flying rc helis for years, not progressed very well at it,  trying to master this new side of the hobby.