CC3D dead - Only red power led
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:32:10 pm »
Hi guys, after a crash (not even that bad) my cc3d seems to be dead. Well, the power led is red (never had before) and blinking fast. Plus, when i plug power in, the board becomes very hot. Windows does not recognize it, if i connect battery the quad gives no life sign, but power seems to be distributed correctly because the receiver turns on (it's powered by cc3d). I've already tried shorting SBL and 3.3v and flash bootloader with flash load demonstrator via FTDI but without results. I would have already give it up, but this led gives me hope. What do you think?

Re: CC3D dead - Only red power led
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:17:17 am »
Try and alternative data cable 

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hwh

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:57:56 am »
...the power led is red (never had before) and blinking fast. Plus, when i plug power in, the board becomes very hot...

If you never had the power led on before there was something wrong to start with.  The power LED should be on solid whenever power is applied.  Flashing would mean that power is being applied and removed from it constantly.  The board getting hot would indicate a short somewhere and that could cause the regulator IC to turn on and off protecting itself from the excess current and blinking the power led.

If a visual inspection with a magnifying glass doesn't disclose any tiny metallic somethings shorting pins it would be very hard to troubleshoot.  Another possibility would be a bad solder connection on one of the parts just barely making connection.

...What do you think?

CC3d boards are currently going for less than $10 including shipping, it's probably not worth spending a lot of time trying to fix it.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24:04 am »
Sorry what I meant was that the led wasn't red, it had blue and purple led. Now it's red. Anyway thank you.