darkdave

Cannot Arm my drone for a while now
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:03:44 am »
Hi, I have been setting my drone to "always armed" each time I take it outside with the laptop plugged into the oplink.

Between flights I set it back to "always disarmed".

Im getting really fed up of doing this just because I cannot arm my drone engines normally.

Weeks ago the arming functionality worked perfectly. I set arming to "yaw right" and it works all the time, then after that it never arms anymore more no mater how long (or short) I hold my yaw right. I always have to set it to "always armed" before flight to fly. The other settings such as Yaw left also dont work.

What should I do?

Mateusz

Re: Cannot Arm my drone for a while now
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:45:52 am »
First of all
  • Provide version of LibrePilot you are using.
  • Provide steps that can reproduce issue completely.
  • Provide configuration file.
  • Post screenshots when it cannot arm of the health system

Firmware will prevent user from arming, when user is trying to do something wrong from safety reasons. Instead of fixing your actually problem you most likely set "always armed" to over-come safety checks. This is just wrong.

darkdave

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 02:39:53 pm »
Hi, my computer literacy is not 100%.

Configuration file: That is a configuration file for the drone's configuratoin inside the flight control board right? Is it also saved in the P.C? How do I get to it? Or do I have to manually save a copy of it on the desktop between changes to my drone configuration?

Version of Librepilot, oh, well each time I run the wizard it updates to the latest version right? Between that does the GCS update it self between internet access?

Attached is a screen shot of GCS help-> About librepilot showing the version.

As for reproducing the effect of the drone NOT ARMING. It's doing that ALL THE TIME now. So its reproducing it all the time. It wont arm unless I set it to "ALWAYS ARMED"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:44:16 pm by darkdave »

jbarchuk

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »
Configuration file:

In GCS, Menu at top of window, File - Export UAV settings. That will save to a file which you may upload here.

Or do I have to manually save a copy of it on the desktop between changes to my drone configuration?

Since now it's an 'all the time' thing upload what you have now.

Version of Librepilot, oh, well each time I run the wizard it updates to the latest version right?

It updates the firmware in the FC. Once that's done you don't need to keep doing it.

After multiple-multiple revisions/updates of firmware sometimes it's a good idea to save UAV, do a 'Update with Erase,' and reload firmware from saved file. I don't know if that recommendation still holds, or if it is only foe CC3D or Revo style FCs.

Between that does the GCS update it self between internet access?

No it's 15.09 now and doesn't change

The most common reason for 'can't arm no way no how' is because there's no flight mode that -isn't- GPS assisted.

darkdave

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 10:49:37 am »
Ive attached the file here.

Check it out.

Also Im not using a receiver anymore. I only use the 433mhz oplink frequency for drone control via my Taranis Frsky connected to oplink via PPM cable. Could that be the reason? Some how the devalopers didnt add supporting arming code for oplink control?

I tested your theory about GPS assisted flight, I changed my mode one to Stabalized 1 with no GPS assisted settings. Still wont arm.

darkdave

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 12:48:34 pm »
For indoor flying:

If I select Basic Complimentary functions like Velocity roam or hold position wont work.

But if I change the fusion and stability algorithm to INS13 (Indoor) it refuses to arm because it's trying to consolidate GPS and MAG readings. Now it shouldnt be able to get GPS readings since its under a roof.

So does this mean that Velocity roam and position hold will not work indoors?

UPDATE:

I followed some one's advice and calibrated the MAG. Now it will arm. But Velocity roam now is unstable. It seems that the standard stabalise with altitude variation via barometer is still the most stable way to fly a drone indoors.

David
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:49:01 pm by darkdave »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 06:31:46 pm »
Velocity roam and other assisted modes only work with something (fusion algorithm) using GPS.

Be sure your Mag still valid: mean no alarm with motor running.
I still doubt you get a good mag using the onboard mag + 250 sized quad

darkdave

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 03:40:47 am »
So I cant use Velocity Roam without a GPS therefore it only works outdoors?

What if I use my external MAG? And disable my internal Mag? Is there a way to do that?

And then set the drone on INS13(Indoor mode). Would that work?

Also... any luck figuring out if the oplink use by my controller is the reason why I cant arm?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 11:04:12 am »
So I cant use Velocity Roam without a GPS therefore it only works outdoors?
And then set the drone on INS13(Indoor mode). Would that work?

If you need GPS, should only works outdoor.
Need GPS

What if I use my external MAG? And disable my internal Mag? Is there a way to do that?
Yes, take a look at this post i already answered, second point:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1607.msg11791#msg11791

Also... any luck figuring out if the oplink use by my controller is the reason why I cant arm?

The reason that prevent arming is not related to the RC input you use.

darkdave

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 01:52:28 pm »
So whats the solution?