Jeuke26

Consensus on throttle use and input
« on: March 06, 2016, 05:51:00 pm »
Hello Fellas it is I again...( some famous movie quote ).

Anyway, yesterday while training my race and fpv abilities I took of my glasses and tried some flips/rolls.

Again on two opportunities the quad/FC had much difficulties of regaining level attitude ( rattitude mode with cruise control ) after a roll, BUT, I also chopped throttle when around 90degrees banking and hit throttle after the maneuver. The quad just barely made a rescue leveling and even fell to the ground twice.

So I resume, hit a bit throttle bank hard right, at 90degrees I killed throttle, let it turn and when "level" I hit throttle ( with mixed results ).

So in order to get rid of my doubt once and for all, what does one NOT do with the throttle while performing this? I mean do the experts ALWAYS have some throttle on it but never "0" ?

Thanks a lot, would give me confidence it's me and not the FC.

Re: Consensus on throttle use and input
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 01:45:24 pm »
At zero throttle the controller cuts all outputs to idle, overwriting all stabilization algorithm and other stick inputs.
This is a safety mechanism that lets you cut all power quickly when things go realy wrong.
Try flying without slamming the throttle stick all the way down.

Jeuke26

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 02:07:17 pm »
At zero throttle the controller cuts all outputs to idle, overwriting all stabilization algorithm and other stick inputs.
This is a safety mechanism that lets you cut all power quickly when things go realy wrong.
Try flying without slamming the throttle stick all the way down.

Thanks, so the behaviour I noticed is normal when cutting throttle halfway a manouver?

In the same length I probably shouldn't cut throttle to decent fast and the punch throttle, doing this would be too much too ask of the FC in attitude and rattitude.

Does this also apply for rate mode? 

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 02:40:45 pm »
As far as I know that's normal and applies to all flight modes.

Just don't cut the throttle all the way, leave it a tiny bit open while half way trough a loop, so the stabilization logic and stick inputs keep working and you should be fine.

Punching and *nearly* cutting the throttle shouldn't be a problem in attitude and rattitude, I do it all the time.

Jeuke26

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 03:30:24 pm »
As far as I know that's normal and applies to all flight modes.

Just don't cut the throttle all the way, leave it a tiny bit open while half way trough a loop, so the stabilization logic and stick inputs keep working and you should be fine.

Punching and *nearly* cutting the throttle shouldn't be a problem in attitude and rattitude, I do it all the time.

Ok clear, just don't ever cut throttle.
I am right to assume if you did what I did your quad would experience the same odd behaviour?

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 05:00:07 pm »
Probably yes, but I read trough your first post again and noticed you are using cruise control, which I usually don't so maybe try what happens if you turn it off.

But yes, at zero throttle there's no control going to the motors and the quad is at the mercy of laws of physics