Help with arming cc3d
« on: February 03, 2017, 02:04:54 pm »
Hello...

I am a beginner in building quads...I purchased a quad kit with esc' 2200lv motors and a qav250 frame......I did all the configuration procedures....esc's are calibrated properly, transmitter is properly calibrated too basically everything is set up correctly....The problem is the cc3d arms only while it is connected to PC via USB.....I can't get it to arm without the USB....Arming settings are set to throttle zero and pitch forward...I made sure to save those settings upon exit....There are no red or orange icons in the flight data page...Everything is green.....Any help is much appreciated...:)

Mateusz

Re: Help with arming cc3d
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 02:27:18 pm »
Ok so you say your CC3D arms when USB is connected, otherwise it does not arm using the same arming method ?
How do you know it's not arming ? Do you have telemetry showing that on some other device (i.e OSD, Bluetooth) ?
How do you power your flight-controller ?

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 03:17:30 pm »
P.S
The esc's are not making the initialization sound when I connect the bettery....But when I connect USB to PC and them connect the battery the esc's make the sound..

How do I know it's not arming?

If I am.not wrong, when I connect the battery , the esc's should mAke the initialization sound and there should be blue and green lights on the board......If I connect the board using USB first to the PC then plug in the battery and follow my arming procedure , the board shows as armed and responds to the transmitter inputs.....If connect the board to battery only , there is no ESC initialization sound and no blue light is on...Only the green light lights up when  the board is connected to battery only....as u can see..only the green light is on..the board is connected to battery only and i followed arming procedure which is throttle zero and pitch forward...:(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:06:25 pm by nikhil12340 »

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 04:12:56 pm »
First of all ESC, should always beep initialization sound when connecting battery. It has nothing to do with arming. If your ESCs are not beeping after connecting battery and are quite, but later ESC bacon signal starts (few minutes after) this means ESC are not receiving signal from FC. This is probably your case, your flight-controller is not booting when connected via battery.
  • A slowly blinking blue LED indicates that the board is booted and running the firmware; this is the normal operating mode.
  • Bootloader mode. A slow fading in and out of the blue LED with the green LED on indicates that the board is in bootloader mode.
  • A rapidly blinking blue LED during a bootloader update indicates an error state. An invalid bootloader image was likely detected and the update hasn’t been performed.

Just green on and no blue is probably it didn't boot at all, at least it's not a normal operation mode.

When you connect USB only but without battery, you are providing power to flight-controller via USB. However, when you power with battery only (or with both usb and battery) then power comes from only battery.
Check all your wires starting with servo header if they're all connected in right order signal,gnd,vcc. If you have short somewhere or regulator is faulty it might not provide enough power to FC, I can't think of another reason. Just please check all wires.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 04:22:24 am »
OK..I will follow ur suggestion and will update you...:)

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 06:11:02 am »
OK Thankyou so much...I found out the problem.....The USB cable was completing the ground connection to the board...I checked the wires , resoldered them and boom....Works properly..Thanks for your help..:)