Libre Pilot Does Not Offer One Shot ESC Option In Wizard
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:21:55 pm »
Guys

Building another 250 Quad and have come across another problem in Libre Pilot.

I am using One Shot 125 ESC's but the wizard does not offer me this option. I know I can make a selection the receiver port under hardware in the configuration tab but what are the steps to save this?

I have tried but the one shot option is always unselectable no matter how I save the setting for the receiver port. I am wanting to use PWM with my receiver.

Any advice? Thanks!

Etops

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Libre Pilot Does Not Offer One Shot ESC Option In Wizard
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:31:53 pm »
CC3D do not support OneShot output while PWM input is selected.
All others input options (PPM, SBus, DSM...) allow OneShot output.

Only Revo board can do that (PWM input + OneShot output)

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 02:44:26 pm »
f5soh

Thanks for the quick and simple explanation!

Cheers

Etops

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 05:31:11 pm »
f5soh

Immediately removed pins 4 thru 8 and located pin #3 to position #8.

Setup the wizard again and One Shot ESC appeared. Set it all up by the wizard and the motors turn by transmitter. The motors jitter like the other quad setup and I am at a loss why it does that.

First flight flipped right after take-off and remembered I had turned my board 90 degrees and forgot to set the yaw -90. Oooops!

Was getting late and had to leave it for another day.

Cheers
Etops

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 07:00:07 am »
f5soh

thanks for the advice. as you can see from the previous post i got the quad to work. I've only flown it indoors for a very short time but at least it is working. Looking for good weather and some time off work before I get to try it out in earnest.

i did find the librepilot GCS tad glitchy. not sure if that was due to my aging/slow pc, my clone CC3D fligth controller or the software itself. the transmitter wizard did not work first time for me. could not get the flight mode toggle switch to work and at times the order of the throttle/roll/pitch/yaw was intermittent. after numerous tries i think my taranis plus is all setup correctly but only the first real flight will i be able to tell.

has anybody found the same experience with the GCS? i am not knocking and grateful that people out thera re providing this software but i did find Openpilot more straight forward with my TH-9X when I set up my first quad last year.

cheers
etops

Daxo

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 08:21:15 am »
....The motors jitter like the other quad setup....

I assume, you motors jitter even if standing at 0 throttle? Try setting min throttle for channel 1,2,3,4 as low as 915..

Make sure your esc's are calibrated, board orientation match's the settings and your propellers are spinning in the right direction with the right motor rotation direction as well.

Hope it helps.
Innovation Matters

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 02:12:28 pm »
<snip>
has anybody found the same experience with the GCS? i am not knocking and grateful that people out thera re providing this software but i did find Openpilot more straight forward with my TH-9X when I set up my first quad last year.

cheers
etops
Hi

The LibrePilot GCS is the exact same software as the OpenPilot GCS and it is developed by the exact same developers that used to work in the OpenPilot project before it ceased to exist last summer. LibrePilot is the continuation of OpenPilot.
/F