Bad pilot, bad cc3d or sofware
« on: March 25, 2017, 04:17:56 am »
So something doesn't work. Most likely me i have had multiple cc3d and revo board but very little success. Only success I've had is with a micro cc3d in a hk250. They always want to flip on take off. Currently working on a hex 300 kingkong, with the same problem. Is it possible to flash someone else settings to a cc3d to rule out anything i could be doing wrong? Is this a common problem? Should i give up on cc3d and try another board?

ernstock

Re: Bad pilot, bad cc3d or sofware
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:47:32 pm »
Well I just used a cc3d to test a craft , totally forgot about board orientation til it flipped on take off.
If arrow on board is not facing up and  forward , then settings need changing on "attitude" page in the configuration tab.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:47:19 am »
When trying to take off, it must be on level ground, not the slope of a hill or the motors will wind up quickly.  You must arm and quickly take off to knee high.  Try to get it flying within 5 seconds of first giving it power.  If you take too long, the motors will wind up (trying to make it level) and that is one cause of flipping on takeoff.  Don't slowly increase the throttle till it lifts.  Don't steer it while it is on the ground.  Both of those contribute to flips.  Right after arming a small blip of throttle and then instantly back to zero will show you that it does take off pretty much straight up.  For that test, try for just enough power to get off the ground and drop back down.

It will either obviously flip quick and hard or it will take off basically straight up.

If you do the following, you assume some risk.  Be careful.  It is quicker than you are, especially if it is set up with something backwards.  If it is also stronger than you are it could cut you anywhere.  You can do this to get an understanding that even with the motors spinning up, it does work in flight.  For small quads, you can put on a heavy jacket and gloves for some protection and grip it very tightly (It may try very hard to flip) hold it level and facing the same compass direction as when you armed it, and add the smallest amount of throttle.  Grabbing it from the bottom works best for my quads, but watch out for props.  If it does it's best to twist away from you with high power even with low throttle, you have something wrong, like wrong prop (left rotation or right rotation), wrong motor direction, ESCs plugged in wrong FC connectors or FC is not mounted with arrow top side and point forward (search rotate virtual in wiki).

If it doesn't try to twist away and you can feel it twisting to stay level, you can rotate to where it wants to be.  Yaw is very weak, and you will probably have to spin your body to match the desired yaw (compass angle from when it was armed).  This will tell you a lot.  You have basically proven that the stabilization works.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 05:49:13 pm »
I am having similar issues with an Eachine Falcon 210 Pro. I have read through the wiki help files and the CC3D is configured with all of the defaults. The board originally had the orientation configured out of the box incorrectly. I can get to a 4ft very unstable hover but any input after that and the copter goes crazy and flips. I used the setup wizard to set all of the defaults and the TX is configured and seems to be working properly. I have set three flight modes, attitude, rattitude and rate. I have only tried flying in attitude mode. I'm too scared to flip to rate mode yet. The props are installed correctly and motor orientation and rotation is also correct. I believe the PIDs are just not proper and I cannot fly it long enough to try easy tuning. I can't find anyone out there that has LibrePilot configured with this quad to get any idea of where to start.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:52:37 pm by jonkjon1959 »

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 07:11:04 pm »
As a follow up, I noticed that the update rate in the output configuration window is set to 50hz. I am using PWM with this 210 Pro. Shouldn't that be more like 490hz?

To answer my own question after perusing the forums a bit more, yes! This fixed the issue.
--Jon
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:59:07 pm by jonkjon1959 »