embowe

CC3D won't power on anymore
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:24:34 am »
This is a longshot, but worth a try.....

I was in the process of saving settings to my CC3D board after changing a few PIDs and the board disconnect from the PC all of a sudden, without warning. I unplugged and plugged back in the USB cable and got nothing....no lights on the board at all. I try to power on with a battery and the same thing happens...no lights at all... I would assume the board decided to nuke itself and just quit? Nothing I can do about it is there?

hwh

Re: CC3D won't power on anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:41:52 am »
If even the power led doesn't come on the board is dead.   The schematics are in the repository if you know someone who repairs electronic equipment.  On the other hand, with the current low cost of a cc3d it may not be worth the bother.

The most likely parts to be bad with your problem description are D1 or U2.  D1 separates the battery power from the USB power.  U2 is the voltage regulator the the power LED is hooked to.

embowe

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:32 am »
I figured that...damn

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 07:01:55 am »
I have had very good luck with the CC3D boards GetFPV.com sells.  I have 4 and all have proven to be reliable solid boards. 90* or vertical pins already installed. For about 25$ if in the US.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 06:25:54 am »
I would troubleshoot it to determine for sure which component is bad.

Remove it from the quad and unplug everything.  Try a known working USB cable.  Try to power it via the ESC connectors with a different, known working 5V power source.