Motors speeds up gradually on the ground from neutral speed
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:40:59 am »
When starting from ground , motors start to speed up insanely even in the neutral throttle position. Please explain whats going on.

Re: Motors speeds up gradually on the ground from neutral speed
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 09:30:32 am »
Thats normal when starting from ground. The PID tries to stabilize your quad and as long as it is not in the air it will increase motor speeds to get the quad leveled...
Also check out if you set "zero the integral when throttle is low" under the stabilization tab. That should be on if you take off slowly...
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:40:13 pm »
Thanks

jubjub

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:24:44 pm »
Hello guys,
   I am new at this wonderful hobby.
   I just built a QAV250 drone.
   I fly the drone quite well, with maximum down to 1450!!! (1900 the true maximum was too much for 1st try) it flied ok.
   Then I test my drone on my desk, without props of course.
   When i pull the throttle a little, the motors spin slowly and after 3-6 secs the motors start to increase speed to the maximum.
   So reading this topic, that is a normal behaviour, when drone is stuck on the ground.
   Should i worry? Or not?

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 08:18:40 am »
   When i pull the throttle a little, the motors spin slowly and after 3-6 secs the motors start to increase speed to the maximum.
   So reading this topic, that is a normal behaviour, when drone is stuck on the ground.
   Should i worry? Or not?

When you increase throttle, motors spin up a bit but there is no acceleration upwards, flight controller senses that and tries to accelerate to lift-up though it's not happening (no props), it is normal. Having said that, you should not spin up your motors too high rpms without props. First of all, without load (props) the current going through motor wires is much higher and can exceed ratings. Second it might get warm and magnets wear off or if it's cheap motor you might lose magnet. Just don't do any high RPMs without props.

jubjub

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »
Thank you very very much.