CC3D landing problem
« on: April 07, 2016, 10:37:51 pm »
Hi,

I'm discovering LibrePilot on my CC3D and I have a problem with landing...

I'm tuning the PID for the moment, but it's correct for flying, but unfortunately at landing, even with a smooth contact the quad immediately flip and fell on back, breaking a propeller at each time...

I've put some foam to absorb the shock but even with a very smooth landing on hard ground the quad immediately turn on his back...

Is there a way to stop the throttle at ground contact ? Or a way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Vincent

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D landing problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:46:16 pm »
Hi Vincent,

Are you using AlwaysStabilized ?
Flying Attitude or Rate stabilization ?

If not, cut Throttle just before contact and it will not flip.
Check Stabilization > Basic > "Zero Integral when Throttle is low".

Laurent

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 01:42:40 pm »
Thanks for your answer,

Yes sorry I forgot to precise that I'm flying in Attitude mode during landing (Pitch/roll on attitude, Yaw on rate).

And for the landing I keeping a little of throttle to have a proper landing, I don't like the landing like on aircraft carrier...

I will check If the Zero Integral box is checked or not.

Thanks

Vincent

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 05:34:51 pm »
Maybe you can test if issue is related to Accelerometers and see if the same effect appears landing in Rate mode.

cato

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 01:52:52 am »
As you are writing that you are into PID tuning, this could be another issue. For example I had a much too high  Yaw I value, which did not disturb flight much (also not nice to fly), but gave the quad very ugly behavior on start and landing, a bit similar to what you are describing. If you can't find a different reason, it may be a good idea to post a screen shot of your current pid setting in the flight mode you are using for landing the quad.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS