m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
Forum is growing :)
« on: February 08, 2016, 05:24:02 pm »
Hi
I thought it would be fun to see how this forum has grown from start up until now. I made a graph showing the approximate grow rate as of a couple of days ago.

It's clear that we are gaining momentum and the number of members are growing steadily.

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
Re: Forum is growing :)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:05:32 pm »
Where is the like Button ;-)

suzali

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »
Happy to be part of the community   :D

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:16:54 am »
Very cool,

and as a noob to multirotor and FC's in general I'd like to say a big thank you not only to the devs that make LP awesome, but the rest of the knowledgeable community for getting stuck in with noob questions even when we ask the same thing 10 times or thhe answer is in the ever growing wiki, but we just have not found it yet.

thank you
F450 Clone
EMax 2313 with generic 10x4.5 carbon fiber prop
DYS XM20A BLHeli mini 20A ESC
Revo with OPLink mini
3S 3300 nano-tech
Taranis XD9 Plus TX with X4R-SB RX

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 03:41:45 pm »
New with the cc3d board. Started with op and the quad I have would randomly fall out of the sky. Or it would randomly flip and crash.  Found out about Libre and flashed that to my board. No random flips or crashes now.

Thanks for this forum

gitit20

• If it will fly I will crash it.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 04:11:05 am »
Glad to see it :) Man I wish I backed up all my old thread and posts from the other forums I had over 3000 posts I think
Do the best you can It's all you can do.

Daxo

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 06:36:01 am »
Great news, well deserved! :D
Innovation Matters

telnoi

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 10:48:39 am »
I really do hope that LP will gain the level of attention that OP had in the past and that the hardware will be pushed to its limits through innovative feature implementations.

At times, I wish I never bought the Revo Nano and seeing where betaflight and raceflight is heading, that feeling has been growing. Raceflight is more centered around flight controllers that are readily available and the Nano firmware is plagued by bugs. Still hoping that LP will some day unlock the full potential of this great little FC.

hwh

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 04:20:28 pm »
...the Nano firmware is plagued by bugs. Still hoping that LP will some day unlock the full potential of this great little FC.

What bugs are you talking about?  I just looked in the issue tracker and I don't see any open bugs related to the Nano.  I've been reading every message in these forums for the last couple of months and haven't seen anyone mention any bugs in the Nano firmware.

Mateusz

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 05:06:33 pm »
...the Nano firmware is plagued by bugs. Still hoping that LP will some day unlock the full potential of this great little FC.

What bugs are you talking about?  I just looked in the issue tracker and I don't see any open bugs related to the Nano.  I've been reading every message in these forums for the last couple of months and haven't seen anyone mention any bugs in the Nano firmware.

I second that question. What bugs ? If you find any, you should definitely report them. But my Nano works just fine.
As for the racing firmware it's completely different niche. Their firmware in many cases does not focus on way point navigation, does not perform state estimation, advanced sensor fusion and differs in many places of being simpler maybe at expense of super narrow timing. Whether this narrow timing makes sense, it's another topic and I don't want to upset some people by expressing too much of opinion about it. The fact is that to change motor speed even faster, you need to deliver more power to the motor. At some point the amount of current these motors/esc can stand, or your battery can deliver is way lower than what you are trying to achieve by reducing timings even further. Of course there will be people saying that it flies better, because they likely changed configuration, or recalibrate everything. But saying that something works better, because in my case it did, is not a methodological argument but an opinion or anecdote. So far no one provided any methodological analysis whether those timing improvements are beneficial for flight performance, compared to LibrePilot using OneShot. Till then saying something is better remains opinion on both sides. On the top of that, there are pilots who fly in competitions with LP.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:29:08 pm by Mateusz »

telnoi

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 07:32:16 pm »

Bugs in Raceflight, not LibrePilot. The only issue I encountered with LP is the inability to disarm with a switch on my old transmitter (two way switch - dx6i), which is no longer happening with my Taranis (3 way switch). That left a few scars on my finger.

Another thing I have to research is ''airmode.'' I enabled it with the help of some members here, but the quad had very strange flight characteristics as if it were in auto level mode. Still have to rule out user error on that one.

Benefits of Betaflight/cleanflight from what I have read. Newer implementations of Acro +, voltage dependent PID adjustments (new), continuous airmode improvements, Frsky telemetry support, one wire ESC programming. Just a few that I would like to try personally

Mateusz

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 08:21:52 pm »
Benefits of Betaflight/cleanflight from what I have read. Newer implementations of Acro +, voltage dependent PID adjustments (new), continuous airmode improvements, Frsky telemetry support, one wire ESC programming. Just a few that I would like to try personally

I don't know what newer/older implementation of Acro+ is, I guess the code is not the same and it evolves in each project. What do you mean by "newer" in terms of added value ? I am sure if you provide some feedback to devs they will consider this and implement it. But it should really be defined what. Voltage dependent PID adjustment, I am not an expert and I never used this feature, but I think Throttle PID Scaling does similar job in LP, doesn't it ? For the voltage one needs voltage sensor I guess. FrSky telemetry support is WIP to my knowledge, but because it's hardware dependent, STMF4 targets don't have spare serial port with inverter to support it, therefore someone is working on soft implementation supporting all targets. Beta/Clean target STMF3 and STMF1 targets which have such a serial inverter. But yeah, it could be done for CC3D maybe. I don't know details though :)

jbarchuk

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 04:09:18 am »
Hi
I thought it would be fun to see how this forum has grown from start up until now. I made a graph showing the approximate grow rate as of a couple of days ago.

It's clear that we are gaining momentum and the number of members are growing steadily.

Beeeeee careful what you wish for.  ;) LP still hasn't been 'discovered' by the great unwashed masses. As an example Hobbyking is still filled with references to openpilot. Google returns ~1000 hits for 'openpilot' and 'open pilot,' and only 30 for 'librepilot.' Those 30 aren't written by HK but are comments by other users. Folks glomming on the re-engineered CC3D and Revos look for OP and find nothing. When HK eventually gets around to changing the references to LP the forums will be similar to the OP forums -- flooded with requests for help for hardware that have -nothing- to do with OP or LP other than the original design.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
Forum is growing...
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 10:32:14 am »
Our forum is growing at a steady pace. We passed 3K users the other day :)
Cheers
/Fredrik