lucas

Re: Port Tau Labs Autotune to LP
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 02:39:21 pm »
Hi peabody, nice to have you around.   

Are there any reasons to believe the Autotune results quality is dependent to the airframe size?

According to one comment made by Cliff on the Pull Request at Bitbucket, he is getting good results on his 330 and 500mm frames, but other testers aren't getting good results on smaller frames.

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 01:27:48 am »
Hmm, no I don't have a wonderful explanation for that. I'd like to see test results to have better result (e.g. see which aspect of system identification seems off). I have used it on BrushedSparky (100mm brushed motor), my ZMR150, ZMR250 and a number of other smaller frames. It might be worth (for testing purposes only) to compare to results using TL. There might be some divergence in the controller schemes too that I am unaware of requiring a different calculation of the PIDS.

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 08:35:09 am »
Will Autotune support CC3D?

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 07:04:21 pm »
No. Not enough room from what I understand

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rabno1

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 01:04:32 am »
Can someone give me a quick rough guide to how the librepilot autotune is used?  Ive just built the autotune branch.
Does the txpid module need to be enabled (noticed the grayed out "easytune" setting in the txpid page)?

Im assuming i just need to assign autotune to a flight mode, take off, switch to autotune, hover through the shakes, land, disarm still in autotune, connect to GCS and all the greyed out easytune settings will then be accessible?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 01:23:54 am »

rabno1

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 01:45:14 am »
thanks

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 07:45:29 am »
No. Not enough room from what I understand

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ok, so ill go with Cleanflight or get a KISS FC since LP seems to be pretty dead at all. Dont get me wrong, m8 be a good project for noobs to get in the air but others trim theirs for performance and imho LP is not for the racers....

Mateusz

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 08:23:43 am »
Ok, so ill go with Cleanflight or get a KISS FC since LP seems to be pretty dead at all. Dont get me wrong, m8 be a good project for noobs to get in the air but others trim theirs for performance and imho LP is not for the racers....

Belive me it's completly fine with everyone if you use any firmware you like. However, if you are unable to tune your quad without autotune or that module gives you better results than what you can do on your own, then you might want to reconsider implying that other users are "noobs" ;) Especially people that wanted to help you.

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 08:41:14 am »
Belive me it's completly fine with everyone if you use any firmware you like. However, if you are unable to tune your quad without autotune or that module gives you better results than what you can do on your own, then you might want to reconsider implying that other users are "noobs" ;) Especially people that wanted to help you.

Are you serious? We better jump that sinking ship LibrePilot is. Devs clearly don't care and no features are implemented - just look at bitbucket! Forums are inactive and no questions are answered. Plus everybody is raving about Kiss FC so obviously it must be +10 to pilot skills and charisma in general. I suggest renaming the project to NoobPilot and allowing only yaw control of the craft.

Mateusz

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 09:05:39 am »
Devs clearly don't care and no features are implemented - just look at bitbucket!

I just checked bitbucket, and I see last original commit 7 hours ago of feature that no other flight software has, then 5 horus ago another commit on another feature ported. Looking at more commits I see them on daily basis. To be able to request pull-up request you need first fork repository, there are 28 forks, each of them can have commits which you dont see on main website.
If you don't like this project so much, why are you still here ?

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 09:34:55 am »

Are you serious? We better jump that sinking ship LibrePilot is. Devs clearly don't care and no features are implemented - just look at bitbucket! Forums are inactive and no questions are answered. Plus everybody is raving about Kiss FC so obviously it must be +10 to pilot skills and charisma in general. I suggest renaming the project to NoobPilot and allowing only yaw control of the craft.

Are YOU serious. Whats your problem?

/Fredrik

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 09:42:02 am »

Don´t worry i can setup my PIDs so that its nearly perfect. I just think that an autotune m8 be the last point to get it really perfect. If not i don´t care.

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 10:13:07 am »
Guys, you clearly fail to read irony between the lines! :) I have a warm place in my heart for LibrePilot and am amazed by constant development that's put into it. Relax a bit damn it. :D

TL;DR - I wasn't serious. I was mocking haters! ;P

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 03:14:35 pm »

Don´t worry i can setup my PIDs so that its nearly perfect. I just think that an autotune m8 be the last point to get it really perfect. If not i don´t care.
In my experience  AutoTune is anything but perfect. I'm talking of dRonin AT and LP too. Main issue is that results depends on PID used.
If you can find acceptable PIDs with OPTune and/or EasyTune you're definitely a step forward than AutoTune.