Simon yoon

• Hi!
GPS setting.
« on: December 06, 2016, 09:41:16 pm »
Good afternoon!

Im trying to follow this instruction:
http://opwiki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_manual/cc3d/gps.html

I connected the gps(UBLOXNEO-M8N) to my cc3d(revo) with battery, and it seems fine as I can see the green light on gps.

However, when i turn the program on (U center 8.23),connect, and turn on the configuration panel, it starts not responding.

I thought my pc has the problem, so i used the different PC, but same thing happens.

did i have to follow different instruction? or is there anything I miss?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: GPS setting.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:46:09 pm »
Like the link page says there is no need to manually configure the GPS using Ucenter.

You should use LibrePilot wiki and find the information you need:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/GPS+setup

Simon yoon

• Hi!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:31:50 pm »
Thanks, it works! :)

QC102

Re: M8N GPS settings and also Ublox issues
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 06:08:15 am »
I have followed the  -  https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Configure+a+GPS+for+CC3D#app-switcher      -     "path" to connect  a M8N to uBlox - without any luck ... ditto a detailed youTube  vid by one of the Free X group.... nothing I do gets any show of sats or even being connected.

I have looked at  this and other forum for any images of the wiring  of the pins on  the M8N - see pic attached... can anybody fill in the blanks - which colour wire does what.

TIA

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 06:29:50 am »
I always have to look up the GPS connector pinout for the FC that GPS is designed for.  I would guess that is for a PixHawk.

I would make a guess that yellow/green are the two I2C mag wires, that black/red are -/+ and the remaining two white/blue are txd/rxd or rxd/txd.

QC102

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 06:31:36 am »
Sorry--I edited the post before posting and removed stuff about the Revolution FC... which is what I am setting  up. The GPS is out of its Puck !

I have  the  yellow and green in the flexi port on the revo  - while  setiing up for uBlox- I  used the TX and  RX on these two wires... swapped them   - but  nothing hooks it  up to uBlox
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:37:31 am by QC102 »

QC102

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 07:14:54 am »
I always have to look up the GPS connector pinout for the FC that GPS is designed for.  I would guess that is for a PixHawk.

I would make a guess that yellow/green are the two I2C mag wires, that black/red are -/+ and the remaining two white/blue are txd/rxd or rxd/txd.

The small connector is inserted into the M8N - I took Red and Black as 5V input and Gnd.
The colours  seen on the FTDI are the other end of  the  JST connector that  joins these two cables - Orange and Yellow from the FTDI become White and Yellow from the M8N  end of the loop.   When  one way failed... I unplugged the wires and changed these two wires in the FTDI RX - TX

Neither way  fired up anything in uBlox Center.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 07:26:32 am »
Set up GPS first.  Skip mag.  Green and yellow are probably mag.  So there is only 2 ways to set it up.  White=Txd    Blue=RxD or vice versa.

Revo is best test device.  It does auto baud and configuring.  Red X means no connection.  Anything else (including red block) is good connection.  I never got autobaud on Ucenter to work (Linux and Wine).

QC102

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 07:43:44 am »
So no need to mess about with uBlox -  I thought it was needed top set the location which seems at odds when  I do that in LP /Revo.
I suppose the other aspect was playing with the visuals.

As it is a 450 frame is stable, although as yet I have not connected the M8N to  it for flying... just static testing.

Thanks for  your help Cliff...appreciated 

Mateusz

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 11:00:42 am »
Revo does auto-configure Ublox GPS, CC3D does not. So if you use Revo then you don't have to bother about anything, as firmware will change whatever you set to what it needs.
GPS alone is just simple serial protocol VCC,GND,TX,RX lines. Just don't mess up VCC, GND lines :)

QC102

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 11:31:10 am »
Revo does auto-configure Ublox GPS, CC3D does not. So if you use Revo then you don't have to bother about anything, as firmware will change whatever you set to what it needs.
GPS alone is just simple serial protocol VCC,GND,TX,RX lines. Just don't mess up VCC, GND lines :)

Thanks for  the info....the revo  or revo's ( I have two )  are  Ok and working  well.... apparently.