jtrout19

OPlink Mini problem
« on: October 21, 2016, 06:09:59 am »
Hey guys so I got another small problem here. I am running 15.09. I decided to try and get my OPlink working again. Had problems with it when I first got my REVOLUTION. Anyway When I connect the oplink mini to my computer I do not get a tab for oplink. So I went to the firmware tab and started looking it showed me I had 15.03 i think installed. So i proceeded to follow instruction for a bootloader update from here http://opwiki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/appendices/bootloader.html and still no luck after doing that. I am only getting a solid green light on the oplink. When I first plug it into the computer both blue and green lights come on solid for about 3-5 seconds and then the blue light shuts off. Thanks for any help with this problem!

I should add if I hit rescue and plug in the OPLINK mini it shows 15.09 being on the device.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:15:11 am by jtrout19 »

jtrout19

Re: OPlink Mini problem
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:17:16 am »
So i ended up restarting my computer and that solved the issue of me not seeing it in gcs. But i still have my original issue. One of the oplink is not working. I am assuming the one in the FC.

I had a green light and a orange light on the oplink mini both are solid every now and again the oplink mini orange light with brighten up for a millisecond.

Checking the systems tab under oplinkstatus the FC shows no TXRATE or RXRATE. On the OPLmini It does show a TXRATE. So I am assuming this means that the OPL in the FC is bad?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:48:57 am by jtrout19 »

hwh

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 05:20:17 pm »
...Checking the systems tab under oplinkstatus the FC shows no TXRATE or RXRATE. On the OPLmini It does show a TXRATE. So I am assuming this means that the OPL in the FC is bad?
Until it's connected to the coordinator oplink the receiver oplink doesn't transmit anything. All it does is sit there listening. It not receiving anything could be it not receiving properly, the transmitter not sending properly, or the settings not being right.  You can try swapping the settings and making the FC one the coordinator.  Also setting the baud rate high sometimes makes bad oplinks that are off frequency connect although using those high settings in the field would limit the range.

jtrout19

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 06:06:58 pm »
Ok I will try that when I get off work. I would really like to get it working I thought about just buying another oplink and connecting it to the revo but the only open ports i have is the Sonar port.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 07:20:39 am »
After flashing the bootloader updater, you must run it for a minute, then you must flash the normal firmware (using a rescue procedure).

The reason is that the BU is actually a firmware (it overwrites the normal firmware) that updates the bootloader when you run it after flashing it, and the procedure leaves no normal firmware on the board.

jtrout19

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 07:47:25 am »
I ended up purchasing a new Revolution. Blew out the regulators on the board..... and once the new board got powered up it connected just fine with the oplink mini.