cc3d is not responding to anything, help?
« on: August 06, 2016, 05:09:35 pm »
hello, i am very new to the rc multirotor hobby, i just finished my first build about a week ago, i have flown my quadcopter about 4 times, last night i went outside to fly it, i took off started comming back down toward the ground so i throttled, it barely bounced off the front and did a complete flip about a foot and a half off the ground and landed right side up, no damage whatsoever, i tried rearming it and nothing. no lights on so i brought it inside, hooked it up to my computer and nothing no lights, my computer doesnt pick it up when i plug in, the rescue doesnt pick it up, i tried both cords that i have, there is nothing burned and no fried smell, please help! i am dying to fly more...

Re: cc3d is not responding to anything, help?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »
Here is my 280 build

hwh

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 07:05:02 pm »
No leds on at all would indicate a power problem.  Since you say it doesn't power up with the battery or the usb that would eliminate the power hookups.  I'd probably disconnect all the wires to the FC and try again with usb just to make sure something isn't shorted.

The schematics of the cc3d and revo are in the project's repository at https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/ under source - hardware - production.   Power from the normal connectors and the usb are combined at a diode pair and fed into a voltage regulator that the power led is connected to.  From your symptoms I'd suspect the diode pair or the voltage regulator either failed or has a bad connection.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 08:35:00 pm »
yes sir, i tried it with all wires hooked up to cc3d, then i removed it from my quad, and tried and still no lights, sounds or anything.  let me tell you some things that i noticed that might have played a part, so one of my antennas had exposed wire at the end, my frame is carbon fiber, so it is conductive, the grass it landed it was damp.  whats the warranty on one of these things?

hwh

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 08:42:59 pm »
... whats the warranty on one of these things?
Warranty would depend on whoever sold it to you.  The cc3d was originally designed and produced by the OpenPilot project (now dead) but they stopped producing the cc3d several years ago.   Everything on the market is a Chinese copy so you'd have to contact the seller and see what you can negotiate with them.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 09:52:45 pm »
thank you very much for your help!