jtrout19

Leveling issue? And PID Question
« on: April 27, 2016, 12:30:04 am »
Hey guys so I am still trying to get my Quad tuned. For the PID question. If I am not flying in rate mode do the rate PID settings affect my flight? Or, Does the Attitude stabilization settings affect my flight. Again I am not flying in rate mode. Also, When I roll left or right the quad does not want to level back out. If I give the stick a flick in one direction or the other The quad will actually overcorrect and then stay slightly pointed in the over corrected position for a few seconds until I use the stick to straighten it up. What is going on there?

Also I have tried increasing the filtering numbers for the sensors. Increasing them much past .10 makes the quad feel mushy and slow to respond to input
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:11:29 am by jtrout19 »

cato

Re: Leveling issue? And PID Question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:16:55 pm »
Hi jrout

so I assume that you fly either attitude or rattitude correct?
To understand PID tuning in my eyes learning some of the theory is very helpful. More on, there are nice articles about in the wiki, like here: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Attitude+Setup

Now for your question: The PID tuning is done in two loops, inner loop and outer loop. The inner loop affects all flight modes, while the outer loop only affects attitude mode. So for attitute mode both inner and outer loop are relevant, while for rate mode only the inner loop is relevant. You can see that on the scheme in the wiki page above.

What you describe is most likely due to wrong I and/or D values.

I had very good results using TxPID and Easytune feature, especially with the I and D values which I still find it a bit difficult to tune them manually.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

jtrout19

Re: Leveling issue? And PID Question
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:10:56 pm »
Awesome thank you for the link. That clears things up a bit for me. So far i ahve flown exclusively in attitude. Until i get it set up correctly i will not leave that mode. I am trying to use txpid. I only have one accessible accessory knob. I have not used easy tune though. Not sure how to use easy tune