PWM, PPM OR SBUS TO CONNECT ON FRSKY X8R?
« on: May 11, 2017, 04:37:34 pm »
Good morning everyone,
I'm needing help getting the best connection between my frsky x8r receiver and the revolution board using the Vehicle Setup Wizard, I'm confused by so many options. I'm using a fixed wing aircraft model.

Re: PWM, PPM OR SBUS TO CONNECT ON FRSKY X8R?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 06:23:51 pm »
Sbus for me the best way, one wire and all 8 channels, sbus is for what I have heard is the fastest protocol too, all my builds are sbus flyingwings and quads

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:32:10 pm »
What would be the best port to connect the sbus, I tried to connect through the flex port and everything was very slow, I could not arm the controller, it was slow to respond to the commands, then I went back to pwm and it still is not working properly.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 07:26:20 pm »
On Revo, SBus must be connected to MainPort.  MainPort has an added inverter that is required.

As of this time, this is true of all FC that LP supports except for Sparky2.  On Sparky2, SBus must be connected to RcvrPort since that is where the added inverter is located for that board.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 08:22:04 pm »
Okay, so I connect the sbus on the main port, the gps on the flexi port, and the minimosd how do I connect it to the receiver port? And how will it be configured on the hardware tab?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 09:10:03 pm »
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Revolution+Configuration#RevolutionConfiguration-FlexiIOpinOut/Functions

You don't need the DTR pin for normal operation, DTR is only needed for OSD firmware update
ReceiverPort > Telemetry

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 09:44:25 pm »
 :)Thanks for the help that was what I needed, I hope it works. To connect the sbus i use only 3 wires from the main port right?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 10:03:02 pm »
Yes, as displayed in wiki page or connection diagram you can see in resume page after selected options in Vehicle wizard.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Revolution+Configuration#RevolutionConfiguration-MainPort

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 10:26:20 pm »
Thank you so much,