Help me setting up my Quad
« on: May 07, 2016, 07:51:19 pm »
Can someone help me with setting up my quad with the CC3D. It would great if you could skype with me and help me set the cc3d via Teamviewer.

I'm having big problems. Ruined 4 Props already and idk what to do. It seems like the cc3d in even the stable mode. It jumbed left and right and idk..

This is what it did on the first flight:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 05:39:29 am by hwh »

jbarchuk

Re: Help me setting up my Quad
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 03:30:48 am »
Can someone help me with setting up my quad with the CC3D. It would great if you could skype with me and help me set the cc3d via Teamviewer.

I'm having big problems. Ruined 4 Props already and idk what to do. It seems like the cc3d in even the stable mode. It jumbed left and right and idk..

This is what it did on the first flight:

BTW vid doesn't seem to work properly. Try using the youtube.com/whatever address not the youtu.be one.

'When' did you arm the quad? In the vid the quad is in your hand, you put it down, and 2.5 seconds later launch it.

The correct procedure is to place the quad down, plug in the battery, and let it remain still for about half a minute to let the electronics warm up (watch the blinky lights.) Then arming takes 2-3 seconds. Then launch.

The fact that when the motors start to spin it -immediately- jumps -drastically- to the right implies that the FC wasn't turned on properly, (the plug in and wait for the lights thing.) Or that the level calibration wasn't proper.

BTW when something goes wonky there's not a lot of reason to keep trying, because it'll probably keep on being wonky till you fix it. That first flight was total wonkland and that really was the best place to stop, step back, and figure out what's not right and fix it.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:20:19 am »
Post your config file, can help also.

File > Export UAV Settings

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 02:28:53 pm »
So what should and what shouldn't blink on the cc3d to know if I'm ready?
I tried it today again but didnt look at any leds. My procedure was plugging in the battery, arming the quad and then start. It still wabeld like in the video, but I haven't changed anything since I haven't read your post yet...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »
The fast blinking sequence leds occurs while the Gyro initializes, just after you apply power.
If you don't change default settings, the same occurs when you arm the quad.

Nothing really wrong here...
i just lowered the PID, especially for Roll.
Set the neutral to center value for Accessory0, that better.

Do you use 3S or 4S ?
How to you mount the board ? Arrow pointing forward and Usb connector to the rear ?

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 03:01:33 pm »
But I dont have a power switch... So I have to move the quad after i plugged the battery in... Isnt there a setting where you can switch that leveling off and on? Is there any specific colour of leds i need to look for? The blue one blink at the beggining fast.. So after arming the gyro intizializes again?

At the moment i use a 3S but I have a 4s at home aswell which I'm planning to fly in the future.

Arrow is pointing forward and usb connector to the rear. I placed it not exactly in the middle of the 4 motors though cuz I dont have enough space then to place the battery...

You changed the Attitude thing in the responsiveness? Cause I lowered it to 20 and now its back on 55
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:06:44 pm by peppi0304 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 03:13:41 pm »
yes, set to defaults.
Limiting the Attitude setting to 20° means you got 20° bank angle at full stick :(
Really not needed, and in my opinion dangerous because you don't have control over the vehicle.

Connect the USB or battery and look at blinking sequence, the fast refers to gyro init.

Try with those settings if more quiet.

Edit: Why one motor do not start like other (neutral value differs) ?

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 03:21:32 pm »
Ok. I'll test it now in stabalized 2.

Idk why one needs a bit more than the others. But with that setting they all sound the same meaning how fast they turn

Edit: If i run it on stabalized 2 and put the throttle stick just a little bit up so the they turn and I let it like that on the floor the start to spin faster and faster
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:35:48 pm by peppi0304 »

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 03:49:08 pm »
OMFG It flies <3

So it was about the gyro intitialising

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »
yes, and aggravated  because you unchecked the Attitude tab > "Zero Gyros while arming" option.

Edit: If i run it on stabalized 2 and put the throttle stick just a little bit up so the they turn and I let it like that on the floor the start to spin faster and faster

That the normal behavior, you start using attitude and there is a small error from the level values. The small error is accumulated using the I term (Integral from PID) and the frame is still, motors try to correct the small error.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:05:25 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »
It was never checked but thank you for helping me! Im so happy that it flies now after so much struggle

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 12:00:00 am »
Strange, this option is checked by default...

Now you know why :)