Hitek Vektor 280
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:28:28 am »
Howzit  folks....Got this quad for just playing around the air waves to get back to flying again. The manual says to update the software controller,but the manufacture is not telling me much..lol......anyways....any idea on where the heck is my upload USB port or Ports to update the system ? Right now .......it's getting on my nerves...gonna have to take it apart and see whats cooking under the hood.......

Re: Hitek Vektor 280
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:01:31 am »
Well,got into the hood of the frame,(top carbon plate) and remove it to see whats cooking on the chassis. There is a plug in next to the terminal connectors that plugs into your receiver. Went to the LibrePilot download site and downloaded the software from the site:   https://www.librepilot.org/site/index.html

Then went to Hitec web site to get the frame template : http://hitecrcd.com/support/software-downloads

Went to setup and load the LibrePilot GCS program.Went through the Wizard and uploaded the new updates and program for this Vektor 280 model,then rebooted the program to the model. All went well and finally got the motors to run one by one and all at once for a change. Took me awhile,just a newbie at it,well not quite to new,just been awhile since I been messing around with the Quads.Might use a simple Spektrum radio DX6i or use one of my 6 meters Futaba 9Z radios on PPM. I'll try them both.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 12:52:35 am »
Went to operate the quad and got no response after yesterday while it sat after I had programmed the new updates and got it to run. Hmmm,I must be doing something wrong after I unplug the computer to the quad, going to need some expertise on this one,cause I'm not sure what went wrong or does this has to be flashed to the board from the new settings......HELP........
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 02:22:22 am by novasat »

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 07:00:53 am »
Tonite I went and visited this You Tube site ( ) and hold and be hold,I made some mistakes and did not SAVE the settings when doing different setups. The Vektor 280 is now responding and flying out for the first time. It is not the model that was meant to be for,but it is in the CC3D type controller that others use in their Models. Hope to help others that have this type of model by Hitec the "Vektor 280"...........