kennyevo

Map Accessory switch to rtb without mixing
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:45:41 am »
Hi!

Is it possible to map flight modes such as return to base or landing to an accessory switch without mixing the flight mode output on the transmitter?
It would be cool to use a panic switch for newbies such as me and my girlfriend :)

Thanks in advance!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Map Accessory switch to rtb without mixing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
Hi,

This is not currently possible, just mix two switches: one 3pos + one 2 pos at least.
you can keep the 2 pos switch for manual/auto modes.

If you are a newbie, start safe, manual and learn flight and radio range limits.
Another strange combination is "newbie" and "return to base" in a same sentence... you should also learn some basics prior to setup extended features.

Welcome,
Laurent

kennyevo

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 01:01:54 pm »
Thanks for the reply!

Apparently I'm not sure what rtb is and how it works, I just want to know how can I map the accessory switches to anything useful.

Other than the original question:

I have an eachine racer 250, and there's a plug for the led control with the rx, but it's only working with pwm, and I'd like to use it with ppm (currently using ppm with oneshot on pin8), can I use the flexi port or anything and map it to the accessory0 to change the led light's status?

Thanks in advance!

kennyevo

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:54:36 pm »
Awesome, I missed that howto :D
Thank you very much!!

kennyevo

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 03:43:35 pm »
I can't get it work.. I've connected the output6 on the controller to the led's socket (only the s, no gnd, I think that's not needed), configured the cc3d to use accessory0 for rc output channel6, I see in the input screen if I flip the switch, but it doesn't turn on the LEDs :/ (in armed state)

Do I have to connect the gnd too? If yes, just use a gnd on the pcb board of the quad? (eachine racer 250)

Thanks again!