darkdave

QAV 250 clone (Chinese)
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:24:29 am »
I got a new Chinese QAV250 clone from Taobao:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=523185159068

How should I connect this to my Revolution Board(standard not mini/micro)?

Why have they got these leads the way they have them? Usually this drone comes with a CC3D (not revolution) but I requested that they subtract the CC3D and give me a discount. And this is what I got. At first I thought the connectors would fit into the RC input for the Revolution Flight Controller but I was wrong, it doesnt fit. Also why is there a two wire cable coming out of the second and smaller drone board interface? What's it for? The drone only has 4 engines.

Here is what I am about to do and I want you guys to stop me if Im doing anything wrong.

Im going to pull out that 2 wire cable connected to a 2 wire pin connection. And then cut off the connector interface on the flight controller side of the 8 wire cable and add female pin interfaces to connect to my Revolution Channel Output pins. The red and black wires I will connect to a UBEC and connect the UBEC to channel 6 output of the Revolution since it's a quadcopter and channel 5 and 6 are not utlized - this is Assuming the ESCs are opto if not I'll see if I can connect them to my low power FPV TX.

FPV TX
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=937.1000770.1000419.1.8EXGs2&id=39015340234&asker=wangwang&wwdialog=bbxxbbmc&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=1500669109270d368827

What do you guys think? Will this work? Or am I being inneficient about this? I am not going to add a receiver to my drone and instead use the 433mhz oplink to control it completely so in the setup ill just select S-Bus connection just for the heck of it since there is no option to say you dont want to connect a receiver to the Flight Controller.

Check out the attached photos.

hwh

Re: QAV 250 clone (Chinese)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 02:34:22 am »
I can't actually trace that maze of wires but if those white connectors are the 8 pin version of the 10 pin receiver connector on the revo I'd suspect that the cc3d they were using was the one made by eachine.  It has two 8 pin connectors like that instead of the normal cc3d connectors.  One is used for receiver in and the other for servo out.

It that's true then the connector on the pdb labeled gnd, 5v, ch1 - ch6 is where the servo outs connect to.   There should be 5v to power the revo on the 5v pin.  If you connect the ch1 - ch6 to the corresponding pins on the revo servo out connector and the 5v and ground to any of the 5v and ground pins on the servo out connector it will all probably work.  That's just a guess since I don't have a diagram for that pdb and you should use a voltmeter to a least verify the 5v and ground.  I'm just guessing based on limited info so don't blame me if it bursts into flames  :)

The rest of the wires I don't know, maybe something for whatever receiver they packaged with it originally?  And the two wires on the connector labeled ch1 - 4 make no sense to me at all.

Selecting sbus and then skipping the transmitter wizard makes sense to me.  Then switch the main port back to disabled or gps or whatever you're going to connect to it and save.  Then go to the input tab and switch from sbus to oplink.

Your last picture showing the receiver port set to outputs I've never tried but it's usually best to keep as close to the most common configuration as possible and use the normal servo output pins.