Dw68

Cc3d atom
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:18:59 am »
Help.  Im totally new to upgrades on the cc3d and have no idea what i just did.... i tried to upgrade my hexacopter srd260 storm to acro mode but instead caused the board not to be recognized at all.  Ive gone into wizard and cc3d is timing out.  In firmware i try to upload but it times out there to.   Hellllllp

Dw68

Re: Cc3d atom
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:21:14 am »
Btw.. I am using pwm with a devention 7 rx and devo7 tx if that helps with anything

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:42:42 am »
Different LED status are described here as well as firmware rescue methods
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 07:45:13 pm »
Also, what brand of firmware was on it before?
Normal LP upgrade procedure will only work if it had LibrePilot or OpenPilot (maybe TauLabs or derivatives like dRonin too) firmware on it before.  You have to go the extra step of installing the bootloader if it had CleanFlight or other firmware on it.

Dw68

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 07:47:06 pm »
Also, what brand of firmware was on it before?
Normal LP upgrade procedure will only work if it had LibrePilot or OpenPilot (maybe TauLabs or derivatives like dRonin too) firmware on it before.  You have to go the extra step of installing the bootloader if it had CleanFlight or other firmware on it.
It had openpilot.  So librepilot will work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 08:14:19 pm »
Actually maybe not.  LP needs the latest bootloader.  I think it is BL#4.  Search the wiki for bootloader.

Be aware that the GCS version must match the firmware version.  You need to decide whether you want to use the old software (which was already configured so it is easy to do) or the new (LibrePilot) software which is newer, but will require you to set up / configure the quad from scratch (not too hard when you use the GCS setup wizard).

Dw68

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 12:36:55 am »
I was able to get open pilot to work. Downloaded bl4 went through the steps.   I can say.... IT'S ALIVE!  Thank you for the much needed direction.